Cristiano Ronaldo has become the top most Instagram celebrity who charges the most fee for single sponsored post.
The Juventus superstar can charge advertisers $1.6m (£1.2m) per post on his account, according to social media marketing firm Hopper HQ, BBC writes.
Former Real Madrid star Ronaldo knocked wrestler-turned-actor Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson off the top spot.
The five-time Ballon d’Or winner boasts a record 308 million Instagram followers.
Johnson, who stars in the box office juggernaut Fast and Furious film franchise, has 250 million followers and can command just over $1.52m (£1m) per post, while pop star Ariana Grande ($1.51m) places third on the list.
Lionel Messi, who this week became a free agent after his Barcelona contract expired, is the only other sportsperson on the list’s top 10.
The talismanic Argentine, who has 224 million followers, can charge up to $1.1m (£798,011) per post, placing him seventh.
Paris St-Germain and Brazil forward Neymar ($824,000) is the next highest-placed athlete on the list in 16th.
UK-based company Hopper HQ analysed the data considering factors such as average engagement, how often they post, industry variables and number of followers.
“As Covid-19 continues to impact all our lives, it appears that Instagram is the one of the few places not negatively impacted by the pandemic, and with people using the app more than ever before, some could say it was inevitable earnings would peak this year,” said Mike Bandar, co-founder of Hopper HQ.
“It was great to see Cristiano Ronaldo take the number one spot this year after steadily ranking within the top five throughout the list’s history.
“With the Euros this year and a few controversial marketing moves over the last couple of weeks, the football royalty’s presence has skyrocketed.”
The 10 celebrities who can charge the most per Instagram post
- Cristiano Ronaldo, 308m followers – just over $1.6m per post
- Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, 250m followers, $1.52m per post
- Ariana Grande, 247 million followers, $1.51m per post
- Kylie Jenner, 244 million followers, $1.49m per post
- Selena Gomez, 241 million followers – $1.46m per post
- Kim Kardashian, 232 million followers – $1.41m per post
- Lionel Messi, 224 million followers – $1.16m per post
- Beyonce Knowles, 189 million followers – $1.14m per post
- Justin Bieber, 180 million followers – $1.11m per post
- Kendall Jenner, 172 million followers -$1.05m per post.